3/20/13

Trippin'

About two weeks ago, I left for a trip which was supposed to be something completely different than what it turned out as. I was supposed to vacation in Ecuador for almost three weeks. This did not happen. I started my trip with a short stop in NYC, and then did go to Ecuador for about a week. I spent a week in Montañita with a bunch of different people. I ended up having quite the roller coaster of a time, and decided I'd leave Ecuador a bit early. So I rebooked my tickets, which took me two days, and flew back to NYC with a 12 hour layover in Lima, Peru. I then got to NYC a day earlier than I thought I would, as my brain apparently does not function very well while I'm on vacation. I'd booked a hotel, but not for the night I actually arrived. So after some random walking around, again, with my massive backpack, I ended up finding one place that had a room available. Not an easy feat as it was NYC, Saturday and St Paddy's. So, instead of the one night I had planned, I ended up spending two nights in New York, before hopping on what was supposed to be two short flights to get to Atlanta, GA to see my brother and his family. I had a layover in Charlotte, NC, which was only supposed to be about an hour, but ended up in four hours of chaos. My first flight from CLT to ATL was cancelled due to a/c maintenance, and then second one I was on made it all the way to Atlanta, and then turned around to go back to Charlotte because of a storm. Then I got rebooked on a flight for the next day at 1.20pm, which obviously was no good. So Whitney, whom I met at the airport in Charlotte and was in about the same situation as me, and I ran around the airport for four hours trying to get on every flight to Atlanta and get our tickets rebooked. We were thisclose to renting a car when we were the last two people to get on the the last flight to Atlanta that day. Whoa. Anyway, I did end up making it to Morgan's house that night, and am loving every second of being here around family.

Pics from my trip so far:

the best bookstore EVER. the strand in new york.

loads of local puppies running around in Ecuador

the view from my first hostel in Montañita

the view from my second hostel in Montañita

birds at night

every night had a pretty much equally beautiful sunset

met up with Laura in NYC

the view from my second hotel in NYC (or third actually, if you count the time I spent there before going to Ecuador)

luckily the airport in Charlotte is a nice one. those are rocking chairs!
my favorite breakfast company in all the world

i hung out with Sniff, the most awesome cat

Morgan and me went for a picnic in the forest

we found pretty flowers

Morgy took tons of pictures of us
Now I will go for a run, and then Jussi and me will go to the local mall for some grocery shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment